Friday, November 14, 2008

yaay!

 So today in the mail I recieved my very first check for the very first piece of writing I have ever been paid actual money for!! I mean I loved both of my very unpaid journalism internships, and I loved the writing I did for these, but I gotta admit, it's pretty cool to actually get paid to write. Journalism is one of those fields where you spend your first years begging magazines to let you work for them for free and it's a huge deal when a magazine agrees to let you work for them for 
free. So I had sort of forgotten that it is possible to actually get paid for this stuff. So it was a very big moment for me to get paid (albeit a very small amount). Now if only I can track down the editor to find out where this newly launched magazine is available...

And here in all of it's glory, for all of your viewing pleasures and for the sake of posterity, is my first writing related paycheck. I know, I know, it's way too exciting. And sorry for the messy squiggles but I'd like to avoid my boss having their identity stolen, and from my limited knowledge of financial stuff, that may or may not be possible from just looking at a check. Either way I'd like to avoid it.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Rea Road Neighborhood Coalition said...

Heather is so right Yaay! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Here I live with you and I had no idea! Yay for you and a job well done :)

Unknown said...

thanks everyone! yeah i meant to tell you laura but i feel like it might have been in the midst of kitty saga or i just forgot, i will inform you the next time i make any sort of money for writing-which will probably be in 5 years :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...