Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ladies Luncheon

So today I held a little luncheon planning meeting for a very exciting, still in its eensy weensy early stages charity benefit (more on that at a later date). But even though we're powerful, independent, busy ladies (well two of us are unemployed, but we're both working on it), it was still fun to play around on the whole Bitsy and Muffin do charity work in between tennis lessons and lunch at the club angle. So I thought for the menu I'd just embrace it. Thus I served:

Cucumber Sandwiches (this may be the only time in my life I have the oppurtunity to make tiny, meat-less, crust-less sandwiches, and I'm okay with that-although to be fair these were pretty yummy, I mixed cream cheese, mayo, diced cucumbers, fresh dill, dry mustard, and garlic salt and then spread them on teeny, tiny bread slices and cut off the crusts)


Cheese Straws (Lee Brothers recipe-and one of my go-to dishes for entertaining)



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (okay really these have nothing to do with the whole ladies who lunch vibe, but they're just so freaking good, 3 tips for ideal chocolate chip cookes- 1) NEVER use the pre-made dough, unless you're going to eat it with a spoon 2) always bake cookies one minute less than the recipe calls for 3) take a drinking glass, press the bottom in granulated sugar, and then use the glass to press down on the little mounds of cookie dough on the cookie sheets-it helps them cook more uniformly and gives you a delightful, crunchy, sugar topping)



I finished the meal off with pomegranate lemonade (alas store bought-I've been sick so I wasn't up to my best form), and iced tea with simple syrup.

I have to say, I am proudly feminist and will kick anyone in the shins who says they're not, but part of my definition of feminism is being able to proudly declare how much I love putting together a good ladies luncheon. Plus I did all my baking while a Top Chef marathon was on, and there is something insanely satisfying about doing that.

1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Great to know about the ladies luncheon. Hope everyone had a lovely time. Had arranged a luncheon party at one of LA venues for all my dear friends. Had hired catering service who prepared tasty food. All my friends loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...