Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pre-NYC!

I am going to NYC with the boyfriend for three nights during my spring break (which is 11 days away, not that I'm counting). I am beyond excited, because it has been at least five years since I was last there. Plus then I was under 21 and only really interested in shopping (I bought pink Uggs, and yes this is my proudest moment). Speaking of shopping, I had to do a little for NYC. I mean I can't just go to New York wearing any old thing. I don't want people to think I'm a yokel. So I did a little bit and got two perfect NYC dresses. We're going to two shows (Chicago and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying), and meeting up with my best friend and her husband another night (that sentence just made me feel really old). So clearly that's three nights in need of three new dresses. Right? Anyone? Do I sound like a shopping addict, maybe just a little bit?

But anyways, I restrained myself (for the moment), and got two. I also saved $50 by asking if Ann Taylor Loft had a student discount (which they do, 15%, and HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT UNTIL NOW?!), and opening up a store card. The best part-after going through the whole thing the very nice sales attendant found out I already had one (whoops!), but still gave me the 20% off that new card members get. So my dresses cost $50 less than they would have, simply by the virtue of being shady and thrifty. Here they are:





Oh, how I love an excuse to shop.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...