Thursday, September 23, 2010

the YouTube wormhole

Every so often I fall into the YouTube wormhole. Normally I try to avoid the site all together, because you go on to watch one funny video someone was talking about or find a band's live performance, and it's the middle of the day and you're a productive member of society and birds are chirping out the window...and then seven hours have passed and it's like you've woken up in a post-apocalyptic wasteland- it's dark, it's cold, and you don't know where you are anymore. One video leads to the next and suddenly at two in the morning you're watching N'Sync perform at the 1998 Video Music Awards. I mean hypothetically. I've personally NEVER done that.

So anyways I've fallen into a couple of these wormholes recently. And the most recent one was brought on by the premiere of Glee. I had read about "Charice" being a guest-star and I thought this Charice was someone the kids were into, a one named chanteuse of the Monica or Ashanti variety (yeah that's right I'm old). But then I watched the episode and damn girl can sing! There may have been some goosebumps when she performed "Listen." So I made a horrible mistake. I went on YouTube. And apparently this Charice came into our lives through divine intervention. In other words Oprah came down from the clouds to pluck Charice from the Phillipines and deliver her into the American sub-conscious. And anyway there went two hours of my life that I will never get back. But that's okay, because she's tiny and adorable and an insanely good singer. Here's proof. A word of caution: please watch the video here and don't go to Youtube yourself. And if you ignore my advice, well then, God speed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...