Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 hangover

I really wanted to start 2011 fresh and energized and ready to take on the world. I was really ready for 2011, because 2010, especially the first eight months, was without question the hardest, most emotionally exhausting year of my life.

But something feels stuck, like I haven't been able to get my foot out of the old year and into the new one. Maybe because as much as it's the start of something new, right now, this past week, I've more felt the hurt and sadness of endings, the end of a relationship, the end, with nursing school, of the dream of a life I used to have, of being a full time journalist.

And this is all horribly depressing and it's not helping anything. I know that. But I guess I just needed to write, because I haven't in a while, which only makes me more sad. And because I know that this is just my little 2010 hangover. But next week, I'll get my head together and join 2011 with the rest of the world. I'll start instead of end, look ahead instead of back. And I'll hope for beauty and strength and love this year.

Happy New Year to everyone out there, especially if you're dealing with your own metaphorical  or well, even literal hangovers :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...