Thursday, August 5, 2010

i interrupt this regularly schedule blog for a self-pitying rant

So I'm pretty sure one of the lesser known and talked about mythological punishments involved a young twenty something being chained to her e-mail account day after day after day after day, waiting to hear back from various and sundry job applications, tortured by the possibility that any second an email may show up that will make everything okay and give her a salary and a life. And for the LOVE OF GOD, if you reading this are ever in the position where you are hiring anyone, even if that person is so far down your list of applicants that you would give the job to a cat over them, send them an email. It can be as simple as, " Dear Sir/Madam: You suck." But don't just not write back. Don't just leave them to think that maybe there's this slim chance they'll get that job and even if weeks have gone by not be able to completely shut out that little, sliver of hope.

I seriously cannot take this anymore. I may have a nervous breakdown. It's to the point where every time I start a cover letter I just start crying and I'm worried that I may break my computer with my own salty,  flood of tears.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...