Monday, October 17, 2011

Spoiled rotten.



I cannot express how grateful I am at this moment. 

In one weekend I celebrate my birthday with friends at my favorite low key Richmond restaurant, Sticky Rice, with my favorite food on earth-sushi and Sticky Rice tots.



I pampered myself shamelessly with a mani/pedi and professional hair appointment (I've never done this other than for weddings and prom I swear!) 

I had an unbelievable night out on Sunday (see previous blog). 

And then tonight I went to Mamma Zu with my mom, dad, and brother and ate my other favorite foods (squid, arugula and bean appetizer, fried oysters so delicate you could have sworn they were raw, crab pasta with literally a pound of lump crab meat in it, lots of good red wine, and homemade red velvet cupcakes).



I got to chat and catch up on the phone with my best friend who just moved to Georgia for over an hour this morning.

And then I got a call from my sister and heard my one year old niece sing "Happy Birthday" to me and say "I love you Aunt Yiz." Earlier today I happened to look through my Facebook album of pictures from when she was first born. I met her on Christmas Eve, the day she was born, and I had the utter privilege to spend a good portion of her first six months of life with her as her nanny. I love this little girl more than anything on this planet, and I miss her every day now that I can't see her every day. I had an unbelievable birthday, but her birthday message was the absolute BEST part. It was the proverbial icing on the cake.

Thank you universe. The last few weeks have been hard and draining, and I've felt several times that I had nothing left in the tank. But then you gift me with a weekend like this, and well, life is good. Life is great :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...