Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

Despite the fact that this movie will probably break my heart, I am SO excited about the film adaptation of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love. I think Julia Roberts is perfect for the role. Seeing Bali in all of its green, sun soaked glory makes me smile. Plus there's an elephant! I know a lot of people hated this book, but it is right up there with Harry Potter on my list of Books That Mean the World to Me. This book found me when I was sick and physically broken down and reassured me that there was nowhere more right for me to be in the world than alone and flu-ridden on a dusty night train in Thailand on the 4th of July. It gave me strength and courage. And I don't care how annoying you think Elizabeth Gilbert is. I will always be grateful for that. And I just can't stop watching this trailer, because I think it looks fantastic, and even though no movie ever lives up to the book, I will be first in line when this comes out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i will be standing right beside you opening night. i adored the book and that just made me tear up! i think that's the first book that you and i have both loved...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...