Thursday, December 4, 2008

why there are moments when I think I might have the best job in the world



Sure I don't want to be a nanny forever, or even for much longer. But every once in a while, I wonder what other job I could possibly have where I encounter something as renewing and rewarding and beautiful as a face like this. I am thankful that for the last ten years I have more often than not been a babysitter. Because it is simply impossible to think negatively towards the overall world when you spend a significant amount of time with the miracle that is a child (minus the pooping in their pants part of course). Sure that sounds cheesy, a little hokey if you will, but I don't even care. That's the best part about being a babysitter/nanny. You're allowed to be cheesy and silly and goofy. You can't help but be anything but. Cynicism, bitterness, irony-they're hard to avoid sometimes. But I much prefer the version of myself when I'm hanging out with a one and a half year old (minus the aforementioned pooping in pants part (not a fan of diapers))

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...