Thursday, June 10, 2010

sunshine and rainbows and puppies


So I realized that my last few posts have been pretty heavy on the world is going down the crapper side of things. So here's something fun! Clothes! Pretty ones! J. Crew creative director, Jenna Lyons, personally e-mailed me this morning to tell me about the launch of their sister website, madewell.com. Or you know I recieved one of many mass e-mails J. Crew sends me on a regular basis to try and bleed even more money out of me. Either way, I looked at this madewell.com and holy credit card debt batman, this may be bad for my life.

Exhibit A: these classic and affordable! white bootleg jeans- easy, simple- I know I could wear these with almost everything I own. Plus this website has two different inseam sizes for every waist size, which means these might actually fit me and not be too long like almost every other pair of pants I buy!




Exhibit B: All I ever want to wear in the summer is a dress. I am not so good at the whole coordination aspect of dressing so whenever I only have to wear one piece of clothing it's a win! And isn't this dress so wonderful? I think it is what summer would wear if seasons could wear clothing. I like that it has that sort of half modern/half retro feel too. I think it's lovely. Plus again affordable! Not like Old Navy cheap but cheaper by far than this dress would cost if it was sold on the actual J. Crew website.


Exhibit C: Okay these were Jenna Lyon's pick so maybe it's not that original, but I agree whole-heartedly with Jenna here. I think these shoes are also so perfect for hot, humid days. They're cool and just a little bit funky, and I think they would look fabulous with either my new white bootleg jeans or my flowy summer dress.




I will now spend the rest of the day resisting every urge I have to buy these things with money I do not have.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...