Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gap Holiday Ads!

This morning I am cheerily thankful for:

Gap's annual Holiday ad spread featuring people both beautiful and famous (seen in the December issue of In Style and many, many other magazines). I look forward to these ads every year, because every year they are just utterly charming. They're colorful and gorgeously shot, sweet and goofy. They're complete eye candy, and every time I see them I feel all warm and cheery and ready to go throw snowballs and wrap presents and sing carols. Did I mention I love Christmas? Plus I'm a sucker for pictures of bundled up babies. I mean how can you not be? So for all of your viewing pleasures, here are some of my favorites. 





The boys from SNL-even though the non-political parts of the show haven't been super funny lately, I still think these guys are great. Largely because three of them (Jason Sudeikis, Fred Armisen and Will Forte) have been very funny guest stars on episodes of 30 Rock. (I still heart you Floyd!) And their fill in the blank answers made me laugh out loud.



I love, love, love Jason Bateman (aka Michael Bluth) and I think both this picture and his daughter are ridiculously cute.



I sometimes want to hate her character, Nancy, on Weeds but Mary Louise Parker is so good that she manages to turn a kind of despicable woman into someone you empathize with and hope for. And I hope I look this good when I'm forty.


John Hamm and his wife. I mean c'mon. Do I even need to explain why I love this one?

So there are four of my favorites from the current Gap Holiday ad campaign. I don't know what it is, but I look forward to these every year and feel the urge to cut them out and frame them or something because they're just that awesome (I resist the urge). Maybe it's because models are great and all, but after a while you get tired of tooth picks posing. These phenomenal actors take an otherwise quotidian ad for sweaters and outerwear and turn it into a story, one that can be silly or serious, but always engaging. And I just love it.

And bonus! Some oldies but goodies from last year.



Love him, love her, love them. And they named their baby Archie!




He can act, he can sing, he can dance- and he looks this good in sweater. Can we just take a moment to bask in the beauty that is James Marsden?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...