Friday, January 2, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

I would never have thought that a movie could capture the strange, unearthly, almost frightening beauty of Maurice Sendak's classic children's book, Where the Wild Things Are. But then I found out that Dave Eggers was a co-writer (he's my hero, and despite all the haters out there, he's a masterful writer; I'm sorry but a lesser mortal would not be capable of writing both A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genuis and What is the What, these books could not be farther apart in subject or style and they're both brilliant)

So I heard that Eggers was a writer and I got excited, but I still had serious doubts over a movie ever being as wonderfully weird and gorgeous as the book, but then I saw this still from the film.



And this one,



And this one too,




And against all odds, I believe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...