Monday, January 19, 2009

a good week

I am more exhausted than I've been in a very long time. I had an incredibly long first day at my new nanny job (albeit spent in the company of a beautiful one year old). My arms can barely lift a cellphone because the beautiful little one year old is a little bit pudgy and you have to carry one year olds a lot since well, they can't walk yet. I got food in my hair, milk on my clothes and am going to be in a lot of pain tomorrow. But you know, I'm in a good mood.

Because of How I Met Your Mother on Lifetime (I'd never watched this show and now I know what I've been missing) it's very funny and sometimes painfully true to life for someone in their 20s (hello I wish everyone around me could be sub-titled at a noisy bar/club). Plus I adore Neil Patrick Harris, especially now that I've been watching old episodes of Doogie Howser M.D. on Hulu.com.



Because Gossip Girl is new. And from the first thirty minutes it seems that Blair and Chuck are back in her best scheming form. I'm sorry but I don't like them mopey.

Because the Australian Open started yesterday. It's been many long months since the U.S. Open and I have been dying for grand slam tennis. I love the majors, love that they take two weeks and that you can really sink your teeth into them, love the drama, love seeing who's looking good for the new year, love that there's so much up in the air this year as far as the top men, LOVE it all.

Because this week for the first time since I can remember there was good, miraculously good, news on the front page of the New York Times. And 150 some people who should have been dead are alive today.


Because tomorrow we'll all go to bed knowing that the world has changed. What Mr. Obama does with his presidency is yet to be known. But for one day, the world will be new and beauitful and full of hope.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...